22 year old Tahlia McGahey is from Tweed Heads, NSW. Her love for country music developed early on. Her grandmotherís musical tastes poured into Tahlia on her regular visits, to her home. At the age of 8 she entered her first eisteddfod (festival of music and poetry) and took first place. From that day on Tahlia, decided singing was going to be her life, and to this day it is. At the age of 14, singing wasnít enough, so she self taught herself to play the piano and guitar, which led to her song writing ability. Her writing was that of soft ballads, and with strong influences such as Tanya Tucker and Linda Ronstadt, her style was inevitably to be country.
In 2002, Tahlia was fortunate enough to be given the opportunity to record in Nashville, with producer Dan Austin, who was kind enough to sponsor the CD. Tahlia was thrilled to play with musicians such as Jerry Krunes and Jimmy Carter, who were very encouraging, throughout the stages of the demo.
In 2006, Tahlia teamed up with Flying Burrito Brothers member, John Beland, who has produced her debut album. The CD consists of 12 original songs. Tahlia was thrilled to work with one of country musicís biggest legends, and hopes to visit Texas again soon.
ďShe wrote it all, straight from the heart of a twenty one year old woman, with the talent, maturity and honesty, stunning well beyond her years. I am proud to have produced her debut CD and honored to have gotten to know Tahlia. This young artist had her head on straight and a passion for music that is as real and true as any top artist I have ever worked with. If I ever saw a star in the making this kid is it.Ē
John Beland 2006
- Recorded first original country album, in Texas with John Beland.
- Won Telstra Road to Tamworth Heat in 2006
- Recorded 4 track demo in Nashville
- Selected in Northern Rivers Under the Big Top in 2002
- Selected to perform the national anthem at the opening of the Yelgun to Chinderah Bypass.
- Also selected to open The Walk of Fame with the national anthem, held at Twin Towns Services Club.
- Distinction in songwriting at Southern Cross University, Lismore.
- Written over a hundred country songs, just need to record them!
- Selected to perform the Canadian, American and Australian anthems, with 11 piece jazz band, (Toe Jamin), at a Rotary Convention at Conrad Jupiterís Casino.
A wonderful song, reminds me of when I was in love once!!!
review written by: Rachael Callahan
This song says everything about those moments in the beginning of a relationship when you never know quite what to say but you want to say it all.
Congrats on capturing a moment that we can all relate to.
Good luck. Looking forward to hearing more of your songs.
review written by: Heather Titmarsh
LOVE THIS SONG ,VERY CATCHY
review written by: KURT CONTI
Im not into Country music but your voice melted my heart and the words are true, love is hard to find
review written by: Damien Engler