Born into a musical family, I began performing at age 5 with my Dad’s band, The Country Squires and I have been immersed in music in various ways my entire life. As an artist, I am very comfortable on a stage and know there is nothing that compares with the connection I get to make with my audience through music. Writing my first song at age 11, I have continued to grow and become more educated in the craft of songwriting by attending and performing at songwriting workshops and conferences in Canada and the United States. I have written on my own and with many different cowriter’s and I am always open to learning more and becoming a better songwriter. I have had a few one song publishing deals over the years and recently signed a marketing and distribution deal with a company out of the USA for my new album. As well as the below-noted awards, recently I have had 5 songs I have co-written with other writers, recorded by other indie artists in Canada and the USA.
Songwriting Accolades & Awards
• 2000 – 1st Place in local songwriting contest for Barbie Drives a 4X4 where I won a new guitar.
• 2008 - Billboard World Song Contest - Honourable Mention for What Do You Say.
• 2010 - Billboard World Song Contest - Honourable Mention for Lonesome Rambler.
• 2010 International Song Contest – Semi-Finalist for Lonesome Rambler.
• 2010 - Mountain Stage NewSong Contest - top 10 international finalist for Lonesome Rambler.
• 2011 – Song of the Year songwriting contest – Semi-Finalist for Tender Bruised Up Heart.
• 2011 – West Coast Songwriters International Song Contest – Honorable Mention
• 2011 – Gary Allen’s Worlds Best Song Competition – Honorable Mention
• 2011 – Song of the Year songwriting contest – Suggested Artist Award for Alleluia
• 2011 – Am a featured songwriter in The Songwriter’s Voice, Conversations with Contemporary Artists, by Jane Eamon. Published by Manor House.
• 2013 - Mountain Stage NewSong Contest - top 10 international finalist for Back Against the Wall.
• 2014 – NSAI – was listed as a “One to Watch” on December 2014’s NSAI list for my song When the Honeymoon is Over.
• 2014 – Global Music Awards – Awarded Bronze for That’s What Patsy Would Do from my album “My September” released in October 2014.